[Matroska-devel] Re: Re: [gst-devel] Gstreamer and matroska -theopensource answer to VideoforWindows/AVI and Quicktime/MOV ?

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Fri Mar 19 05:41:36 CET 2004

"Ronald S. Bultje" wrote...
> We don't. We let the app decide, we let randomness decide,

What a very strange program.  "Behaviour differs on each run to keep things
interesting".  A little like DirectShow, but apparently intentional.

> We won't have any official "GStreamer file format"

Its not so much of an 'official', but what comes up as a default on the first
run.  Alphabet is also a good way, although the user may unknowingly choose
incompatible items this way.  (think AVI)

> Ogg is evenly preferred because it allows for storage of video and audio

The only codec that I have ever seen in Ogg is Vorbis, although I understand
that it actually supports a few other Xiph endorsed audio codecs.  Where is this
Ogg Video file that you speak of?  (remembering of course that Ogg != OGM)

> Besides, we don't have a Nut muxer.

I would like to thank spyder482 for not actually releasing the NUT muxer that he
wrote.  ;)

Pamel