[Matroska-devel] EBML

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Wed Mar 17 17:54:51 CET 2004

Heya,

ok, I finally got my (sometimes lazy) ass over to studying your
impressive work. All in all I'm OK with what you've written, and I'm
definitely very, very glad that someone took the time to write it down
in the first place.

The only thing that crossed my mind:

3.7.  Child order property

Like I've written earlier in Matroska order does NOT matter. This may be
bad in the sense that it complicates things for demuxers, but
unfortunately it's reality already, and if we changed that then we'd
invalidate all existing Matroska files.

However, you write: "By default this restriction is imposed on all
children to all elements." Does this mean that a DTD can change that? If
yes then we don't have a problem, because the Matroska DTD will just
have to state that order does generally not matter but in the following
n cases <insert explanation here>.

But apart from that I'd say we should accept it as it is. Again, great
work.

Mosu