[Matroska-devel] Re: Re: EBML

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Mar 15 09:43:24 CET 2004

Hi,

> Note that I talk about _Matroska_ there, not _EBML_. For EBML having the
> same rules as XML would probably be best: the order of different
> elements does matter, the order of consecutive elements of the same type
> does not matter. This will not pose a problem for Matroska as what I've
> outlined in the post mentioned above only restricts this further.

Uhm right... Why do I write such bullshit?

The order of different elements in Matroska MUST NOT matter! Otherwise
almost all existing Matroska files would be non spec compliant. The
order of the same elements shoulg generally not matter either, but the
DTD must be able to set restrictions on that.

Mosu