[Matroska-devel] Re: EBML

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Sat Mar 13 10:30:24 CET 2004

"Martin Nilsson" wrote...
> I'm sorry to dragged this out, but I've had a few other things to attend
> to. The functionally complete EBML draft is ready for scrutiny. It
> turned out a bit bigger than I first anticipated, but that's life...
> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~mani/ebml/ebml-1.0.txt

I really wish I had time to actually read the whole thing now, but I might be
able to soon.  It is very impressive what you have done with this, much more
than any of the rest of us is capable, I think.

A few quick questions, I had always thought that the CRC32 and Void elements
were Matroska specific.  Is this the case, or are they in fact a part of the
EBML spec?

For "Appendix D.  Matroska DTD", the Chapters and Tags can each be nested
several layers deep within each other.  Is there any clean way to indicate this,
or am I missing it?

Is it necessary to define things such as how exactly a "Signed EBML Integer"
works?

And only slightly related to this, is the EBML project ever going to be moved to
Corecodec.org, or is it going to stay on SourceForge?

Pamel