[Matroska-devel] [Fwd: AW: WAV MPEG Header]

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Mar 7 17:30:51 CET 2004

Anyone has info on this ?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: AW: WAV MPEG Header
Date: Sun, 7 Mar 2004 17:06:09 +0100
From: Mark Essien <mark at essien.de>
To: 'Steve Lhomme' <steve.lhomme at free.fr>

Hi Steve :)

Thanks for the info. Yes, I need that info a lot. You see, I made this MPEG
encoder that multiplexes a PCM and an MPEG-video stream, however, no player
I can find can play the PCM stream. And it stands to reason, because there
are various sample rates that can be used for a PCM stream, and the player
has to find that out somehow or the other. I tried writing a RIFF header,
but that did not help either. I'm quite puzzled about this, and even the
all-knowing google could not help much :)

It would be nice if you could direct me to someone who could tell me this,
yes, and thanks a lot!

Regards,
Mark.
---------