[Matroska-devel] Re: MatroskaSplitter 1.0.2.2+ Potentially Buggy?

Igor Janos janos at radlight.com
Thu Jun 24 17:54:33 CEST 2004

Another problem found. When implementing subtitle support I've found out
that there is some problem with the splitter when not all pins are
connected. I get lockups :Z.... the strange thing is that when I seek at
some place the lockup the lockup is gone and the file plays ok.... it just
does not work from the beginning :(

who is in charge of the splitter ? ... since my school semester has ended I
have quite a lot of time for coding.. perhaps I could take a look if you
wish.

best,
Igor

"Liisachan" <Liisachan at faireal.net> wrote in message
news:20040622121742AX6bkj at faireal.net...
> this is a (probable) bug report,
> from users in Japan.
>
> i ve just posted this for them at
> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78474
> because they are too shy to do that by themselves...
>
> Is this a known problem?
>
> -----
>  MatroskaSplitter 1.0.2.2+ Potentially Buggy?
>
> MatroskaSplitter 1.0.2.2 / 1.0.2.3 doesn't report the accurate fps to the
downstream filter such as ffdshow, or to BsPlayer; it says the framerate is
25 even if the correct value is like 24 or 30. This doesnt seem to cause any
major problems atm, but some users report minor, occasional jitters which
allegedly will be fixed by using the older MatroskaSplitter. (I personally
have not ever experienced this jitter problem.) So we should assume that the
newer versions (1.0.2.2+) are potentially problematic in some ways.
> The current version is 1.0.2.3. Matroska_Pack_Full_v1.0.2.exe contains
that version too.

> These pics demonstrate what is happening:
> http://m17n.cool.ne.jp/matroska/splitter-problem.html
>
> Can anyone confirm this please?
>
> I know Gabest is not around much these days, but if there IS a problem, I
hope itll be fixed before "Matroska 1.0" is out...