[Matroska-devel] MatroskaSplitter 1.0.2.2+ Potentially Buggy?

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Tue Jun 22 05:17:42 CEST 2004

this is a (probable) bug report,
from users in Japan.

i ve just posted this for them at
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78474
because they are too shy to do that by themselves...

Is this a known problem?

-----
 MatroskaSplitter 1.0.2.2+ Potentially Buggy?

MatroskaSplitter 1.0.2.2 / 1.0.2.3 doesn't report the accurate fps to the downstream filter such as ffdshow, or to BsPlayer; it says the framerate is 25 even if the correct value is like 24 or 30. This doesnt seem to cause any major problems atm, but some users report minor, occasional jitters which allegedly will be fixed by using the older MatroskaSplitter. (I personally have not ever experienced this jitter problem.) So we should assume that the newer versions (1.0.2.2+) are potentially problematic in some ways.
The current version is 1.0.2.3. Matroska_Pack_Full_v1.0.2.exe contains that version too.

These pics demonstrate what is happening:
http://m17n.cool.ne.jp/matroska/splitter-problem.html

Can anyone confirm this please?

I know Gabest is not around much these days, but if there IS a problem, I hope itll be fixed before "Matroska 1.0" is out...

-----

Liisachan