[Matroska-devel] Re: Multiple CDs in MKA

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Sat Jul 31 20:20:59 CEST 2004

"Nicolas Le Guen" wrote...
> Steve Lhomme wrote:
> > Mosu suggested we should do a document describing how CD-in-MKA is
> > done. That could help both developpers and users understand it.

I have been advocating this for a long time. It really needs to be done if there
is ever going to be widespread support for having a full CD in MKA.

> The Edition issues had been discussed yesterday on #matroska. It's seems
> to be the most logical way to go.
> And about what you say on using chapters and supchapters, it's a
> possibility indeed... But how would you distinguish if a top level
> chapter is really a normal chapter or is corresponding to a whole album
> (in a multiablum mka case). And in a single ablum mka case, where would
> you put global tags? This appears to me, more like a problem than like a
> solution ;-)

While the Edition Entry stuff seems redundant, distinguishing chapters is
certainly a valid concern.  Perhaps some other method could be used to
distinguish chapters?

Atamido