[Matroska-devel] ORIGINAL_TITLE tag name

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sat Jul 31 11:51:14 CEST 2004

Nicolas Le Guen a écrit :

> Oops, I'm sorry, I had not well understand your first reply ... I
> belived that, when you were speaking about an ORIGINAL sublevel, it was
> you third solution here :-)
> So what you mean is that you would rather use nested tags. But adding
> ORIGINAL_ in front of every tag is a lot more simple: indeed, many
> software won't easily use or support nested tags :-(

We are trying to build the format without keeping bad legacies. That
means if something is better in another unsupported way, it's the way to
go. Even if it takes time to be implemented. Of course, when a solution
is OK, there's no need to reinvent the wheel...

On this particular issue, I'm undecided. :)