[Matroska-devel] ORIGINAL_TITLE tag name

Age Bosma agebosma at home.nl
Sat Jul 31 01:54:35 CEST 2004

Nicolas Le Guen wrote:
> So ORIGINAL_ALBUM is the way to go... I keep it :-)

Like I said, I think we shouldn't add any ORIGINAL_x tags. That way we
should add loads of ORIGINAL_x tags for almost every tag which would be
really overkill. If we instead introduce a ORIGINAL sublevel tag we
won't need it in the first place.

This can be done in different ways but I'm not sure what would be best
from a usability and programmers point of view:

- ALBUM
-- ORIGINAL
- TITLE
-- ORIGINAL

or

- ALBUM
- TITLE
- ORIGINAL
-- ALBUM
-- TITLE

As another option, which I'm personally against but should be taken
under consideration as well, we could also say that it's allowed to add
ORIGINAL_ in front of every tag. This way we can also remove all the
ORIGINAL_x tags from the specs. In this case current tags like
DATE_RELEASE_ORIGINAL, would become ORIGINAL_DATE_RELEASE.

Prodoc