[Matroska-devel] TODO

Age Bosma agebosma at home.nl
Sat Jul 24 12:37:52 CEST 2004

Steve Lhomme wrote:

> The website is now maintained by SVN (a bit similar to what CVS do) and
> automatically updated from there. So if you want to be able to put your
> file there, you just need an account that I can create for you (I just
> need your login ID).

I haven't got any experience on this CVS and SVN stuff at all. I know
what both are but I think I will need some help on how to use it.
You can use my nickname Prodoc as a login ID.

> The right location for this document would probably be in
> www.matroska.org/data/technical/specs/tagging/
>
> DublinCore would be nice indeed ! And on this page there are other ones
> already in comparison :
> http://www.matroska.org/technical/specs/tagging/othertagsystems/comparetable.html

Is it possible that this is a very old out dated document? I recall an
excel file I got from Paul when I started creating my reference which
looks a lot like this comparison table. If that's the case than this
document won't be much help. Do all the tag sets from this document
realy need to be included in the final comparison reference? It seems to
me that they won't realy contribute anything.
Adding e.g. pre ID3v2.4.0 tags in a seperate column would be a bit
overkill imo. The same goes for APEv1.
What are Extended INFO tags?

I'll start with adding RIFF and DublinCore tags.
I was thinking about adding MPEG-7 tags as well, since these are the
official tags which should be used for e.g. mp4, but it's almost
impossible to perform an accurate mapping to those tags.

Cheers,

Prodoc