[Matroska-devel] Re: tags for movies

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Fri Jul 16 18:05:45 CEST 2004

Moritz Bunkus a écrit :
> I have some propositions for tags that are more movie oriented (also TV
> show oriented, just not audio oriented ;)). After looking a bit at IMDB
> here's what we don't have:
>
> Let's take Star Wars as an example http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/
>
> we have TITLE=Star Wars
> we have DATE=1977
> we have DIRECTOR=George Lucas
> we DON't have WRITER=George Lucas
> we have GENRE=Sci-Fi...
> we DON't have something for 'tagline', plot outline, user comments
> we DON't have a user rating

The thing that was discussed about this earlier was how much information do we
want define to store in the tags?  Do we want to just store the basic
information that most people would use when searching for the movie, or do we
want to define how to store 99% of the possible information?

Look here:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.multimedia.matroska.devel/1735
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.multimedia.matroska.devel/1931

To quote Steve,
" Do we really want a whole database inside a Matroska file ? What about
pictures of the actors or some of the scenes in the movie ? I'm sure you can
find all this in an interactive website but it's probably useless to be embedded
in the file."

Atamido