[Matroska-devel] tags for movies

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sun Jul 11 09:58:25 CEST 2004

Moritz Bunkus a écrit :

> Heya,
>
> I have some propositions for tags that are more movie oriented (also TV
> show oriented, just not audio oriented ;)). After looking a bit at IMDB
> here's what we don't have:
>
> Let's take Star Wars as an example http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/
>
> we have TITLE=Star Wars
> we have DATE=1977
> we have DIRECTOR=George Lucas
> we DON't have WRITER=George Lucas
> we have GENRE=Sci-Fi...
> we DON't have something for 'tagline', plot outline, user comments
> we DON't have a user rating

Ok, one thing I really miss when moving files from iTunes to another
iTunes machine is that my ratings are not kept. And it's not really an
Apple bug. It's just that if you want to integrate User specific
informations (comment/rating) it should be only set for user XYZ not as
a general comment/rating. And to do it properly a user should set a
world-unique ID in the file to identify oneself (so that it can be
integrated later in a global database). So far there is no such ID (not
sure people would like it anyway).

If we add that, it should be "under" a User element. Even with a weak ID.

I agree on adding all the rest.