[Matroska-devel] tags for movies

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Sun Jul 11 09:12:50 CEST 2004

Heya,

I have some propositions for tags that are more movie oriented (also TV
show oriented, just not audio oriented ;)). After looking a bit at IMDB
here's what we don't have:

Let's take Star Wars as an example http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/

we have TITLE=Star Wars
we have DATE=1977
we have DIRECTOR=George Lucas
we DON't have WRITER=George Lucas
we have GENRE=Sci-Fi...
we DON't have something for 'tagline', plot outline, user comments
we DON't have a user rating
we DON't have something fitting for the cast and the roles they play
The rest is not really important.

We do have INVOLVED_PERSON which could be used for WRITER and ACTOR, but
I don't like it - it's way too general. So the new tags I'd like to have
are:

WRITER - The person who wrote the screenplay.

TAGLINE - The movie's tag line.

PLOT_OUTLINE - A summary of the plot.

IMDB_RATING - The rating on IMDB.com (x/10 points). Should be used
instead of POPULARIMETER because the latter one does not really have a
fixed scale...

ACTOR - The name of a person playing a part in this movie.
  CHARACTER - The name of the character this actor plays. Should be one
  level beneath the ACTOR tag.

What do you think?

Mosu