[Matroska-devel] MatroskaSplitter Sound-skip Bug Fixed in theone with TTADS?

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Fri Jul 9 12:46:47 CEST 2004

Hi,

Christophe PARIS <christophe.paris at free.fr> wrote:

> I've listed this problem on this page also :
> http://wiki.corecodec.org/wiki/TODO_list_-_Known_issues_-_Things_to_improve

OK, so this is a known bug....

> > What *is* surprising is, this problem is also fixed if I use the old
> > version 1.0.2.0 of the splitter. Yes, 1.0.2.0 splits TTA in MKV
> > decently.

1.0.2.0 doesnt have this problem, but it cannot handle
track names (in sub tracks, for example) properly.

> > Also let me note that 1.0.2.1 has another kind of bug (chapter times
> > confusion), which is reporeted by Yuuhi, Bluedan, and me:
> > http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=455094#post455094
>
> I think in 1.0.2.1 we added a new flags to chapters, so the data
> representation has changed and the player need to be updated
> accordingly. IIRC There also was a bug when reporting the size of the
> chapters data, so players could not determinate if it was using the new
> flag or not.

So atm, there is no Matroska Splitter
that works perfectly, as Martin from the RadLight team says:
"The only problem is the extremely buggy MKV splitter :Z It's
really pain to make a support for something that does not work
100%"........

;_;

I thought 1.0.2.3 coming with TTADS* mightve been OK,
but it still has the same problem. It reports the video
framerate 25.0 even tho it is actually 23.97 or something,
which seems to be related to the skippy sound problem.

> There is a workaround yes, but it's probably not perfect.

Absolutely better than nothing...
Im guessing it would be great if someone could release a
workaround version while waiting Gabest fixes it perfectly,
because we are going to need modified splitter anyway for TTA
(and WV)

* Another question:
This modified pre-release splitter is only for Win2K/XP?
(Unicode version?)

Im wondering this because Gabest always releases 2 builds
(unicode and non-unicode) of the same version splitter.

Regards

Liisachan