[Matroska-devel] MatroskaSplitter Sound-skip Bug Fixed in the one with TTADS?

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Fri Jul 9 05:05:02 CEST 2004

Hi,

TTA support in MKV is already better than FLAC in MKV.

Now, MatrosaSplitter 1.0.2.2 and 1.0.2.3 has a skippy sound prob,
which I already posted in this list but had been also reporeted
here as--[ 908300 ] MPC: internal Matroska-Splitter broken:
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=908300&group_id=82303&atid=565649

I can reproduce this skippy sound prob with (official) 1.0.2.3
embedded in MPC, when I play (xvid+tta).mkv.

# Small sample (xvid+tta).mkv for testing just in case:
# http://user33.at.infoseek.co.jp/tta-mkv.zip

This problem is gone if I use the "modified" 1.0.2.3 splitter
coming with TTA DirectShow Filters pre-version binaries
(including modified Matroska filters). Modified splitter is
supporting TTA, so this is not surprising.

What *is* surprising is, this problem is also fixed if I use the
old version 1.0.2.0 of the splitter. Yes, 1.0.2.0 splits TTA in
MKV decently.

Does that mean the skippy sound bug is fixed in this modified
filter? Or is this just accidental?!

Also let me note that 1.0.2.1 has another kind of bug (chapter
times confusion), which is reporeted by Yuuhi, Bluedan, and me:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&postid=455094#post455094

Anyway, if these bugs are going to be fixed at the same time
when TTA is officially supported, that'd be really great.

Regards.

Liisachan