[Matroska-devel] Re: Re: RadLight TTA DirectShow filter v1.0.0.0

Martin Bottanek bottanek at radlight.com
Sun Jul 4 12:02:03 CEST 2004

5, Get a life, dude!

"Steve Lhomme" <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote in message
news:40E7D6A8.1070501 at free.fr...
Martin Bottanek a écrit :

> As far as I know it's GNU GPL. If it was LGPL we would not have to publish
> the sourcecode. There is a nice site which discusses all about various
> opensource licenses :  http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.php . Give
> it 5 minutes of your time :)
>
> Anyways, Alexander already has the sourcecode.

Hmmm.
1) If it's LGPL you _have_to_ release the code that is directly
dependant on the code (ie statically linked)
2) for GPL it's the case even if you dynamically link to the code.
3) the source code should not be made available to the author, but to
whoever receive the binary (true for LGPL and GPL), so that includes myself
4) you should spend some days studying all existing OSS license before
claiming false things (I suggest you have a look at the archives of
license-discuss at opensource.org on which I've been subscribed for 3 years)