[Matroska-devel] Offer for cooperation on a menue system

ChristianHJW christian at matroska.org
Fri Jul 2 22:59:33 CEST 2004

Hi Xiph guys,

i dont know if this is a wise move, some of our members are against it,
but here i am :

We offered our users a usable menue system in matroska long ago, but due
to higher priorities we never had the time to look at it. Amongst other
things we are looking at to improve our container and its value to our
users, menue have been brought back to our attention in this public poll
here : http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78011

Now, its not so problematic to define a nice menue system for a
container, but there really IS a problem to write a menue editor for
that, so that people can start to

- convert DVD menues into the new format
- create their own menues
etc.

and to make sure all players will support this new menue system, so i
thought it might be a good idea to contact you on this, and ask you if
you were prepared to cooperate with us on this issue.

I know the communication between Xiph and our team has not always been
the best in the past, but maybe this cooperation could be a possibility
to forget what happened in the past, and make a new start ? After all,
Ogg and matroska do have completely different goals now, so there should
be room for both really.

Thanks for a short answer

Christian
matroska project admin