[Matroska-devel] MPEG in MKV
spyder at matroska.org
Wed Jan 28 17:29:33 CET 2004
Pamel asked me to send a message about the method of storing MPEG video
in MKV. So here it is:
- Frames are placed in individual blocks
- References are set accordingly
- Frames are put in coding order(ie. IPBBPBBPBB)
- All stream headers excluding GOP header go in the codec private AND
are also left in the stream where they were found.
- GOP headers may optionally be excluded as according to the specs.
- RFF flags MUST be left intact as any change to them would destroy the
- You may also duplicate the sqeuence header before each I frame in
order to allow easy stream editing without having to find the previous one.
- All headers should be placed before the next frame in the stream and
should be put in the same matroska block as that frame.
-AR should be set in the mkv elements too.
Did I miss anything?
More information about the Matroska-devel