[Matroska-devel] Re: Re: RFC 1134 - New EBML Block design

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Wed Jan 21 19:24:57 CET 2004

"Christian HJ Wiesner" wrote...
> So, now that we know a new block type will come with 2.0

No, it MIGHT come with 2.0.  The point was to get some ideas out there and
comment on the structure.  If we did release a new Block structure, then we
don't have any restrictions on it, and what is the absolute best way to make it.
Once we design "the perfect Block2", we need to look at the cost/benefit ratio
of it.  Does it introduce enough of an advantage over the current system to
warrant using it.  And that will be answered by the programmers.

Pamel