[Matroska-devel] Re: RFC 1134 - New EBML Block design

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Jan 21 16:44:41 CET 2004

Paul Bryson wrote:

> "Steve Lhomme" wrote...
>
>>introducing a cleaner Block is just cosmetic and useless to me. Or
>>you'll have to prove with number that this Block is more space efficient
>>than the current one (which I'm almost sure it's not).
>

> Well, either RFC 80085 or 1134 needs to be done.

If something needs to be done it must come after the 1. freeze. That's a
matter of credibility of the format. Introducing a new Block in 2 is not
a problem. But right now we have 1. almost done and it's not time to
introduce new vital things to support. (even the new chapter flags are
not well supported yet)