[Matroska-devel] Spec update regarding audio timecodes

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Jan 20 21:05:28 CET 2004

Heya,

the problem is that I'm not awfully good at this kind of stuff. I make
too many errors when doing calculations. What I know, so far, is that if
we want sample precision and use scaling that allows such high a
precision we'll end up with tiny clusters. Very, very tiny clusters. And
a lot of overhead. Shrugging this issue off with 'if they want sample
precision than they'll have to deal with it' is a bad way to go, IMHO.

So until we figure out a better way to store the relative block timecode
there is not much use in having such strict specs. My opinion.

Mosu