[Matroska-devel] Disabled parts

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Jan 14 15:25:38 CET 2004

Hi Gabest,

I'm going to add the support for disabled chapters in Matroska Splitter
(to hide some content of a movie from the user, like the menu section
for example).

And I have a question on how you would think would be best to implement
it. My idea is that while you're playing the movie, the filter knows in
which chapter it is (between the start of the current and the start of
the next one). During the playback, you pass from a chapter to the next
one (based on timecode). But this chapter is disabled. So you have to
"jump" to the end of this chapter and continue playback as if nothing
happened...

So the problem here is the way to jump. Do you think that the splitter
could produce an internal SEEK and jump normally this way ? What will
happen to the frames that have already been passed to the next pins ?
Will they play or will they be flushed during the seeking ? If so the
actual moment to decide to jump should be decided at the rendering
stage, but that may make things much more complicated...

What do you think ?