[Matroska-devel] ChapterTrack

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Jan 14 13:55:46 CET 2004

Does anyone use these elements right now ?

ChapterTrack  	4+  	[8F]  	-  	-  	-  	sub-elements
ChapterTrackNumber 	5+ 	[89] 	- 	>0 	- 	u-integer

I'm almost sure it's never used on playback. But maybe it's written
sometimes ? I actually think that these elements have no real use... To
disable a track for some time the Control Track can do that and could
even use a hidden chapter (only seen by the control track). And to be
able to seek at different locations depending on the track you're
playing is IMO useless. So I suggest we make these elements deprecated
or even remove them if no muxer use this for now.