[Matroska-devel] Re: Timestamp precision in matroska files

Paul Bryson paul at msn.com
Wed Jan 7 04:58:51 CET 2004

"Paul Bryson" wrote...
> Honestly this whole discussion is pretty idiotic since on the absolute highest
> consumer audio samplerate available (96KHz)

Excuse me, DVD-A allows 2 channel 24-bit 192kHz audio.  I don't know of any
other sources, at this rate, that you could obtain that you didn't make
yourself.  If you made it yourself, then the you are surely using lossless
compression and 0.6 seconds per cluster is not going to be significant enough to
you to matter.

Please double or half the numbers for 192kHz audio.

Pamel