[Matroska-devel] New elements

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Tue Jan 6 21:41:45 CET 2004

Hi,

As it was requested, it would be nice to have sample-accurate seeking in
Matroska (for audio-only files). Therefore I added 2 elements to support
that in the specs (as well as version 1 of the specs).

SampleScale is a scale factor for the BlockSamples element
BlockSamples is the actual count of samples since the beggining
(timecode 0), but this value is scaled :

SampleScale * BlockSamples = actual number of samples since timecode 0.

I'm going to add support for this in libmatroska right now.