[Matroska-devel] DVD Menu

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Sat Jan 3 15:01:43 CET 2004

I'm going to spend some time in the near future to check the DVD menu
specs (Pamel sent me a paying site where there could be usefull
informations).

I found this tool that may be a good indication on what is possible with
DVD menus :
http://menuedit.dimad.net/home.html

BTW, we will probably have to do a tool DVD menus to the Matroska menu
format. So we will probably have to code the whole parser for DVD menus
at some point. Apparently there is no such thing existing as an open
source code. But does anyone have info on this ? Maybe on VLC or MPlayer
  they have this ? I'm sure we could get more help from the CoreCodec
team or Gabest as they probably would benefit from such code too to read
DVDs in a better way.