[Matroska-devel] Re: Lossless audio codecs for video editing

David Bryant dbryant at impulse.net
Thu Dec 30 07:53:22 CET 2004

WavPack blocks can contain any number of samples, from 1 to several hundred
thousand (either mono or stereo). If samples are inserted or deleted at a
certain spot in a stream, then only that block needs to be re-encoded; all
others are unaffected.

In a real WavPack stream the block headers would have to be rewritten,
although this goes very quickly. In Matroska the WavPack blocks are being
used in a "raw" mode so I think that no modifications would be needed.