[Matroska-devel] mmg.exe 2 Bugs Related to Charset

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Wed Dec 29 13:54:41 CET 2004

Christophe PARIS <christophe.paris at free.fr> wrote:

> Liisachan wrote:
>
> >As a side note, as I poseted in HA, CoreFLAC can't even open a
> >file if the filename is in Chinese/Japanese/Korean etc.
> >illiminable's filters have the same problem...
> >CoreVorbis and CoreAAC have the same problem...
> >(Hope CoreWavpack wont)
> >

> CoreVorbis and CoreAAC don't know anything about the filename, it's
> handled by filters connected before them.
>
> For example TTA DS shouldn't have any problems when playing .tta file
> because it use :
> File Source -> TTA Splitter -> TTA Decoder ...
> As long as Windows File Source filter handle the filename correctly of
> course.
>
> For CoreFLAC reading .flac files, I think it's a bit different as it is
> used as a source filter in this case.
> So it's the job of CoreFLAC to handle the filename, and it should be fixed.

Sorry, my mistake. Besides, OggDS (both 0995 and 0996) and
aac_parser.ax are ok with MBCS via GraphEdit,
and ok with Unicode via Media Player Classic.

Unicode.ogg/aac/tta plays via DS.

Like you said, CoreFLAC is problematic:
Not only that it cannot handle Unicode filenames, but
it cannot handle MBCS filenames even if its the default charset.

Liisachan