[Matroska-devel] Re: WavPack hybrid

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Dec 27 22:59:59 CET 2004

Hi David,

dbryant at impulse.net a écrit :
> Hi Steve,
>

>>OK, I think I understand. Do you have a sample 5.1 file that I could
>>debug with ? I'm not sure how to produce one...
>

> Yes, I am attaching a 5.1 wav file. It's about 3 meg uncompressed, WavPack
> does pretty good on it because it's mostly silence.  :-)

Thanx, it worked fine.
I have now coded the muxing and demuxing of all kinds of Wavpack files
in mkvmerge, our main tool. That means mono/stereo/multi-track
lossless/lossy/hybrid files.

If you want to give it a try, you can download it here :
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/pre/HEAD/mkvtoolnix-head-20041227-1.rar

You might need the Windows runtime too:
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/win32/mkvtoolnix-runtime.rar

There are HTML documentation files on how to use the tools (mkvmerge and
mkvextract). And also a GUI for mkvmerge. In mkvextract there is an
option to strip the correction part of an hybrid-based file.

Unfortunately it's only the beggining, we have the files. Now we need
players ;) Maybe if I find the time I'll work on a DirectShow filter
based on CoreTTA.

Have fun with your Wavpack-Matroska files :)
(fun includes chapters, attach covers, lyrics, etc)

mkvmerge can also generate Tags from cuesheet files (.cue)