[Matroska-devel] Status Quo of new features

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Mon Dec 27 19:00:42 CET 2004

Hey,

> >Yong: "This matroska splitter can't "split" the FLAC audio format..."
> fixed long ago

Great :)

> >Shinobu: "any chance to get the autoloading of subtitle works ?
> depends on the hardcoded list of splitters in vsfilter, fixed in
> my local version

Great :)

> >also your splitter doesn't seems to realy work on 98/me, do you plan to
> >devel that ?"
> I use TCHARs in all my code, so in theory it should work on 98/me. I can't
> test it though.

So we should find someone who can test it for us.

> Here is your feedback:
> I've tried to join four files yesterday (avi/srt + avi/srt) in two steps:
> * avi/srt -> mkv
> * mkv+mkv
> mkvmerge complained about srt subs having incompatible format

Ups, thanks for noticing. A misplaced '!' :)

> when trying the same with just two avi files, sound was out of sync in
> the second part.

First AVI -> mkv, then mkv + mkv ? Could you also try AVI + AVI
directly, please?

One problem is that those AVIs are not really meant to be
concatenated. I'm focusing on having good results with files splitted
with mkvmerge's --split option.

Mosu