[Matroska-devel] Status Quo of new features

Mike Matsnev mike at po.cs.msu.su
Mon Dec 27 18:00:59 CET 2004

Moritz Bunkus wrote:
>>*Still Pending :*
>>
>>- new pack with Haali's splitter and a wavpack decoder
>

>>From user feedback on doom9.org (yes, I still go there) it seems like
> there are still a couple of problems for which Gabest's splitter works
> better than Haali's:
>
> http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=80762&perpage=20&pagenumber=4
>
> Yong: "This matroska splitter can't "split" the FLAC audio format..."
fixed long ago

> Shinobu: "any chance to get the autoloading of subtitle works ?
depends on the hardcoded list of splitters in vsfilter, fixed in
my local version

> i also have some seeking lags (not cpu problem) and strange sound bug
> when seek with AAC+.
> i've none of these bugs with gabest splitter.
I can't reproduce seeking bugs yet, but I'll try more. I suspect this
is a timestamps problem like the one in CoreVorbis.

> also your splitter doesn't seems to realy work on 98/me, do you plan to
> devel that ?"
I use TCHARs in all my code, so in theory it should work on 98/me. I can't
test it though.

>>- native MPEG4 with correct b-frame handling ( status ? )
>

> I could start working on that again. Playback in mplayer should work now
> (due to my changes for MPEG 2 playback ;), but I still haven't gotten
> the bitstream-frame-separation done.
>
> Some things that are missing/have to be worked on in mkvtoolnix:
>
> - support for concatenating files in mmg (not mkvmerge, that part is
>   working more or less -- here I need feedback before I continue working
>   on it);
Here is your feedback:
I've tried to join four files yesterday (avi/srt + avi/srt) in two steps:
* avi/srt -> mkv
* mkv+mkv
mkvmerge complained about srt subs having incompatible format
when trying the same with just two avi files, sound was out of sync in
the second part.

/Mike