[Matroska-devel] Re: Status Quo of new features

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Mon Dec 27 13:37:30 CET 2004

Jory Stone a écrit :
> Would we create a new subtitle format to store the DV timestamp/codes?
> That is the biggest problem I see, and the fact that splitters will need
> to be able to decode the audio and remux all 3 back together before
> outputting it to the DV decoder.

Why would you want a stream to ouput the timestamp/codes ? We can keep
them with the video (probably not with the raw PCM) so that it can be
used elsewhere.

Also the DV decoder thing is, once again, a windows centric problem.
Maybe other libraries in Linux can handle raw DV-MJPEG... Maybe that
could be the basis of CoreDV too ;)