[Matroska-devel] Simple way to read just the subtitle and audio stream info from MKV

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Dec 14 22:24:36 CET 2004

Hey,

> Is there a simple way to just get infos about how many subtitle, audio and
> video streams (and maybe which language) are included? Because i like too
> integrate this function into my settop-box style mplayer frontend called
> "animecenter" (which will be GPLed).

Basically the same advice that I've given you about the OGM question ;)
You can use my mkvtoolnix package (
http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/ ) and use mkvmerge (! not
mkvinfo !) for identification like this:

0 mosu at tahiri:~/prog/video/mkvtoolnix/data$ mkvmerge --identify-verbose v.mkv
File 'v.mkv': container: Matroska
Track ID 1: video (V_MS/VFW/FOURCC, DIV3) [language:und ]
Track ID 2: audio (A_VORBIS) [language:und ]

If you need something that's more like a library then I don't know if
there's some easy to use media info library that contains Matroska
support. We talked about adding something like that from time to time,
but we've never gotten around to doing it though.

(I think the freevo project now contains some code for Matroska, lemme
try to find it... Yes, as part of mmpython:
http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/mmpython/mmpython/video/mkvinfo.py?view=markup
)

Mosu