[Matroska-devel] To control track or Not To control track ?

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Thu Dec 9 15:08:16 CET 2004

Mike Matsnev a écrit :
> Steve Lhomme wrote:
>
>> So if we store it in the stream, how do we do it ?
>> My options are :
>> - tied to the vobsub packets
>> - attached to vobsub packets as codec private info
>> - using another track (Control Track) for PCI packets
>

> I vote for #3

Good. I guess Mosu should be OK and probably alex too.

(if applies :)

So I'm going to extract .btn files from DVDs. These file will contain
the PCI packets the same way .sub files contain VobSub packets. I'll add
the code to mkvmerge to mux them in Matroska. So as a /new/ Track Type
(0x20), we have to check if any extra meta-information is needed in the
Tracks entry. AFAIK, nothing is needed. Maybe the Subtitle track(s) it's
reffering to ?