[Matroska-devel] Final call : USF muxing in MKV, and playback on DShow and Gstreamer

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Dec 7 14:05:59 CET 2004

Mike Matsnev schrieb:

> I have no win98 machines around, don't even have win98 setup CDs anymore.
> /Mike

I do have an old K6-2 PC at home for the time being, with Win ME
installed ( same DirectX version as Win 98, and no unicode AFAIK ). I
guess if i do some simple encodes, using low res XviD, PCM audio and SRT
subs, it should be able to play these in real time, and then i could act
as a beta tester for you. Of course, only if we manage to find the old
sources from vsfilter 2.23 somewhere, and can find out what bug was
introduced in latest vsfilter versions, preventing it from operating
correctly on Win98 machines ....