[Matroska-devel] Final call : USF muxing in MKV, and playback on DShow and Gstreamer

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Dec 7 12:21:01 CET 2004

Hey,

> Does MPC for W9x work fine with subs in MKV ?
> Does Haali's splitter work fine in W9x ? Does it solve possible issues ?
> Or is the problem in vobsubs, in which case we'd have to push Gabest to
> try to get things fixed.

I think it was a problem in VSFilter, not in the splitter. Let me try to
find the thread on doom9...

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81176&perpage=20&pagenumber=1

The post from Gooberslot is the one that started it. Quoting from his
post on page 2:
http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=81176&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

> I don't think this bug would be very hard to track down. AFAIK, 2.23
> is the last version that works right under Win98 so just go back and
> see what changes happened between 2.23 and 2.24 that could cause this
> type of bug. There's probably not that much to look at. Of course I'm
> not a programmer so I could be wrong. If someone were serious about
> fixing it though I'd be glad to go back and try each version and find
> out exactly where it breaks.

So if someone (Haali? :)) wants to get his hands dirty...

Mosu