[Matroska-devel] Re: [Theora-dev] Offer for cooperation on a menue system

Ralph Giles giles at xiph.org
Fri Aug 13 20:06:55 CEST 2004

On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 10:59:33PM +0200, ChristianHJW wrote:

> We offered our users a usable menue system in matroska long ago, but due
> to higher priorities we never had the time to look at it. Amongst other
> things we are looking at to improve our container and its value to our
> users, menue have been brought back to our attention in this public poll
> here : http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78011

Sure, I'm happy to talk about it. What did you have in mind?

I've thought about SMIL, or something custom with SVG (and possibly
javascript) converging with CMML from annodex.net for stream references.

> I know the communication between Xiph and our team has not always been
> the best in the past, but maybe this cooperation could be a possibility
> to forget what happened in the past, and make a new start ? After all,
> Ogg and matroska do have completely different goals now, so there should
> be room for both really.

True enough. And I assure you, your message being stuck in the moderation
queue for 5 weeks wasn't deliberate!

 -r