[Matroska-devel] New matroska packs - scope ?

Nicolas Le Guen nleguen at pepper-prod.com
Tue Aug 3 12:43:41 CEST 2004

MatroskaProp also need to be updated before to be included the next
Matroska pack.
Here are the actuals bugs which need to be fixed:
- the "delete" button for the tags doesn't work
- you can't add a new tag if a current tag exists with the same name: it
won't add a new tag, but will update the existing one.
- a tag can't have an EditonUID target... and that is now possible
A usefull improvement would be, by default,  not to let the user to
create tags with any name, but to let him pick the tag name from a list.
This would avoid "exotic" tags.

About the directshow filters, TTA filters need to be included to the
pack. I also believe, IMHO, that we should not provide any patented
encoder with the matroska pack but we should warn the user about this
(and may be give him the websites where he could find the non provided
patented encoders).