[Matroska-devel] New matroska packs - scope ?

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Tue Aug 3 11:43:05 CEST 2004

Moritz Bunkus wrote:

>>I hope someone would just install the big ffdshow and just keep the
>>files we need (unless it's just one big file/filter) that we can add to
>>the pack...
>>

>I'm actually thinking we should just include ffdshow no matter
>what. There have been XviD binaries for ages now, and I sincerely doubt
>that Koepi is paying licenses... Mosu

The point is, maybe Koepi is already on the watch list of the MPAA and
they just wait until he is earning more money, so they can take it from
him for the loss of revenues he was causing them :D .... and, do we want
to take the same risk ? Sorry, but i am a responsible family man, i at
least had to ask my wife how she feels about that. After all, this is
not a torrent / tracker, with a lot of room for legal interpretation of
who is doing what and it this is again current laws or not, but a very
straight forward thing : We will distribute a binary MPEG4 encoder from
our webspace, and without paying license fees to the patent holder !