[Matroska-devel] VobSubs in Matroska

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Oct 28 22:57:35 CET 2003

Hi.

Dnumgis from vlc was here tonight, and we talked about VobSubs. Seems
like that the normal VobSub file contains a MPEG program stream which in
turn contains the SPU packets we need. In mplayer's Matroska demuxer I
have a basic MPEG program stream parser.

After talking with Dnumgis I think that we should only store the SPU
packets as the MPEG program stream around them is not needed, produces
overhead and complicates things for no reason. So far no official tool
is available that can create VobSubs-in-Matroska so we're safe to change
it now.

Any objections?

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)