[Matroska-devel] new content encoding elements

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Oct 21 19:51:07 CEST 2003

Hi.

> I was just looking at the specs and noticed you can have many
> "ContentEncoding". I think it would be better to have them all in a
> larger element. Otherwise you have to scan the whole track entry to find
> them all.

Ok, I'll call it 'KaxContentEncodings' (notice the 's' ;)) and move
everything one level down.

> When the "frame contents" is selected for encryption/compression, does
> it apply to all frame contents ?

At the moment this flag means 'all frames'. That should be made clear in
the specs, I'll change the wording if necessary.

> Or you can select a few (as I
> suggested) and then, how ?

Not yet. I suggest we leave that out and can safely introduce this via a
new flag later on, because for that we need at least three new elements
under KaxBlockGroup which we will have to think about very carefully.

> What about lacing ? Does it apply to all the
> lace in one pass, or each elements (frames) of the lace separately ?

Separately! Anything else wouldn't make any sense. Let's assume Alex'
AVIMuxGui writes laces with 20 elements - we couldn't just copy the
blocks over because libmatroska only puts up to eight blocks into one
lace.

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)