[Matroska-devel] new content encoding elements

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Tue Oct 21 18:09:56 CEST 2003

Moritz Bunkus wrote:

> Hi.
>

>>I'll have a look. Dunno when but not tonight (I need to get back my
>>sleeping time). But I had not much complaint with the previous version.
>>IMO the order thing is not really a problem.
>

> Any objections? :) If not then you should add your new lacing code (it
> ain't in yet, or is it?), boost the version number to 0.6.0 and release
> a new version.

I was just looking at the specs and noticed you can have many
"ContentEncoding". I think it would be better to have them all in a
larger element. Otherwise you have to scan the whole track entry to find
them all.

When the "frame contents" is selected for encryption/compression, does
it apply to all frame contents ? Or you can select a few (as I
suggested) and then, how ? What about lacing ? Does it apply to all the
lace in one pass, or each elements (frames) of the lace separately ?