[Matroska-devel] Vobsub in MKV .... Mosu has it working, Toff is updating Gabest's splitter, but where is Gabest to help with updating vsfilter :O ??

Liisachan Liisachan at faireal.net
Fri Oct 17 20:43:26 CEST 2003

Christian HJ Wiesner wrote:

> Cheers guys,
>
> Mosu has vobsub muxing into MKV done, and he can even play them in a
> non-public version of mplayer already. Soon after the specs have been
> 100% fixed and the compression option is working also, he will release a
> new mkvtoolnix version and commit his CVS changes to mplayer CVS. I
> guess i dont need to tell you what a boost in matroska's acceptance and
> wide spread use this may cause, especially in Asian countries where
> OCRing of subs is a pain somtimes ....

Great news! Long-waited things, and I'd bet many ppl are too lazy to OCR
even in Europe, and will welcome that.

> While Toff has done a great job lately to update the splitter filter on
> the Guliverkli homepage, sending a patch to Gabest, i have no doubts he
> can add the mapping of the new codec IDs to the splitter in no time (
> maybe its done already ? ), but how can we motivate Gabest to update
> vsfilter so it can play embedded vobsubs ?
>
> Can anybody drive to Hungary and separate Gabest and his new GF, at
> least temporarily  :D :D ??? ( he keeps telling us its a new job, but i
> dont believe him :P ... ) .....

Well, a guy from "PC Japan"( a major paper magazine
 in japan --> http://www.zdnet.co.jp/magazine/pcjapan/ )
has just asked me to write something about Matroska, like 6 pages
for the next issue of their magazine, which will be on sale on 13.nov.2003
If matroska/vsfilter supports SUB+IDX very soon, like in 7 days,
I can add about SUB+IDX supports and in that case
I promise I'll write "This filter is developed by Gabest, a godlike person,
we all have to thank him" in Japanese :D

Or else, I might write "SUB will be supported very soon,
but the developer in charge, Gabest, is now too busy because of his new gf!"
;)

* Liisachan *