[Matroska-devel] Vobsub in MKV .... Mosu has it working, Toff is updating Gabest's splitter, but where is Gabest to help with updating vsfilter :O ??

Christian HJ Wiesner chris at matroska.org
Fri Oct 17 16:38:31 CEST 2003

Cheers guys,

Mosu has vobsub muxing into MKV done, and he can even play them in a
non-public version of mplayer already. Soon after the specs have been
100% fixed and the compression option is working also, he will release a
new mkvtoolnix version and commit his CVS changes to mplayer CVS. I
guess i dont need to tell you what a boost in matroska's acceptance and
wide spread use this may cause, especially in Asian countries where
OCRing of subs is a pain somtimes ....

While Toff has done a great job lately to update the splitter filter on
the Guliverkli homepage, sending a patch to Gabest, i have no doubts he
can add the mapping of the new codec IDs to the splitter in no time (
maybe its done already ? ), but how can we motivate Gabest to update
vsfilter so it can play embedded vobsubs ?

Can anybody drive to Hungary and separate Gabest and his new GF, at
least temporarily  :D :D ??? ( he keeps telling us its a new job, but i
dont believe him :P ... ) .....