[Matroska-devel] Re: DRAFT: new elements for compression/encryption

Ronald Bultje rbultje at ronald.bitfreak.net
Fri Oct 17 11:30:55 CEST 2003

On Fri, 2003-10-17 at 10:56, Steve Lhomme wrote:
> In other words, a bitfield contains many different "data", unlike an
> uint/sint which contains linear values.

No, differently: how, in code, differs an EbmlUint from a EbmlBitfield?
A sint/uint differ in binary. A uint/bitfield will not differ in binary,
and their interpretation will not differ either. At best, you would
provide a macro set like set_bit() and get_bit(). Apart from that,
they're exactly the same.

Or maybe I'm thinking too much in terms of C. In my C lib, EbmlDate and
EbmlSint or EbmlAscii and EbmlUTF8 are aliases of each other. They're
the same.

Ronald

Ronald

Linux Video/Multimedia developer