[Matroska-devel] Added lacing

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Oct 15 12:51:44 CEST 2003

2 thing about the new lacing :

- As we use bit 6 for EBML lacing too, old players may confuse between
EBML and Xiph lacing. That introduces a problem with players/readers.
But as we know all the current ones, we can fix them and inform people.
IMO that's not a major problem. People know we are still in development
stage for both the format and the code (especially they can understand
that the code has problems). Otherwise we can use one more bit. But I
don't think it's that worth.

- I will make some tests between different ways to store the sign in the
EBML lacing. Namely the way I put in the specs and the way Alexnoe
suggested of putting a signed value directly in the EBML. I'll make some
speed tests and see which one is better to read/write (performance
should be best for reading)... If anyone wants to code that before
myself (tonight or friday evening), feel free ;)