[Matroska-devel] libmatroska wish

Moritz Bunkus moritz at bunkus.org
Tue Oct 14 18:57:33 CEST 2003

Hey robux,

while you're at it, one wish of mine would be to have a Read() function
in EbmlMaster to be extended to take another bool parameter, 'read
fully' or whatever it might be called. The idea is not to read the
complete data frames but only their headers - that would be useful for
scanning the file. It'd make reading the file a bit (or even a lot)
faster, and there's less memcpy if the user explicitely wants that.

(I need it for mkvinfo and for mkvmerge's 1st pass during splitting -
for those I only need the frame lengths, timecodes etc, not the actual
frame contents.)

--
 ==> Ciao, Mosu (Moritz Bunkus)