[Matroska-devel] Re: Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Adding matroska support toFFMPEG via libmatroska/libebml, in C++ ?

Pamel paul at msn.com
Tue Oct 14 17:02:52 CEST 2003

"Steve Lhomme" <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote in message
news:3F8C097E.9080404 at free.fr...
>Yup, but we simply need to change the codec page on our website to make
>this hack official. And all existing fils with AC3 would still work ! So
>I would call it a progress or new feature, not a hack (well it is, as
>long as it's not in the codec specs).

Why not just make a Type2 Block that is improved?  It should not be hard, the
only programs that HAVE to be updated are the playback programs, and there
aren't that many programs to update.  Make the lace sizes EBML style, and add a
bit flag for all laced frames being the same size. Easy, eh?

Pamel.