[Matroska-devel] Re: [Ffmpeg-devel] Adding matroska support to FFMPEG via libmatroska/libebml, in C++ ?

Alexander Noé alexander.noe at s2001.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Oct 14 12:43:56 CEST 2003

Steve Lhomme wrote:

> If what you did in AVI to achieve that is a hack, it's reasonable to
> do the same with matroska...

The difference is that AVI is explicetly designed to be used that way,
while we agreed on
'writing audio properly' to matroska.

>  (or did we remove the one in AC3 ? I doubt it)

No, we didn't. I take your mail as a 'yes' and will implement this as
soon as possible.

But if you want to remux such a file, you get very bad cutting
precision, that's why I
want a flag indicating that all frames are of equal size, so that the
frames of a lace can
be retrieved without writing the sizes for each frame (but just by
knowing the number
of frames from the lace header and the total size from the block size
element). It would
be the same for dts or mp2/mp3.

Alex